Being a graphic designer take different flavors as the people need to work with letters, color, patter, illustrations, information, to create everything from reports to logos, maps to book covers, and much more. Most of the work is now done on computers using multimedia software packages. Thus a graphic designer should have creativity, originality and good computer skills.
Skills They Should Have:
This kind of skills needed by any graphic designer includes that of:
- Originality and flexibility
- Good visual sense
- Computer skills
- Confidence and a good team working skills
- Interest in graphics and new design software’s
Graphic designers are used in many areas of design. Some of the area of study includes:
- Textile Design
- Information and Interactive Design
In the Profession the Showcase of Skills:
Across the globe there are around 40000 businesses that deal in it with around 185000 people directly associated with it. There are many agencies that carry out the work for their clients while there are many large organizations also. Here are some of the ways in which a graphic designer can show their skills to the audience:
- Visual Problem Solving: All graphic designers are visual problem solvers. For example a logo of the company is the face of that company. There are many art directors that hire those people who have good logo design skills thus it is very important that every graphic designer should have some sample good logos in their portfolio that will showcase their visual problem solving skills.
- Creativity under Pressure: Graphic designers have to offer many design within limited time constraints. This requires them to be as creative and flexible as possible. It is important that they show multiple variations of their work in their portfolio and also discuss the time under which they made these designs which would reflect how fast they can make a design of their own.
- People skills: They should have good interpersonal skills. They should be both a good listener and a good communicator so that they could build positive relations with people. And this would also help them in maintaining a good mutual respect. Co – workers will like to have you in their team and clients would love you to be in their account.
- Presentation and Attention to Detail: Every graphic designer should pay attention to every detail and should take pride in their work that they have done.
Go in the interview with a clean and organized portfolio. The samples should be clean and undamaged. The pieces in the portfolio should be crystal clear so that it could be easily understood.
Be full of energy while presenting the portfolio and show confidence and take pride in the work. Do watch and listen others apart from saying on your own.
These are some of the skills a graphic designer should have and these are the ways through which they should show the skills. It’s very important for a successful graphic designer to have all this skills.