Hello there!!. This is the third post from a series of 4 post where I`m going to show you how to set up your own Killer wordpress blog (like this one). In part one we`ve decided to have our blog in our own hosting and in part two we saw requirements and installation of wordpress. In part 3 we`re going to pick our theme according to our needs.
Off course if you are an experinced web designer/developer you already know all this things, but it`s a good opportunity to refresh your knwoledge, and why not to pick something new. This been said
It`s time to pick our theme:
The first thing you need to think, it`s the proupose of having your own blog???, Come on, Think!!!, I`ll give you a couple of minutes to do it …, just kidding,You can use it in a number of ways, a portfolio site, a magazine site, a personal blog, etc etc, so we`r going to take a glance at some of this.
CSS Gallery Theme
Well those are some very good themes, and of course they are all free. If you still don`t know wich one to use you can find over 200 free wp themes in this 2 posts:
- 100 Amazing Free WordPress Themes for 2009 | Smashing Magazine
- 140+ Brilliant Free WordPress Themes Around | Instant Shift
And last but not least the theme wich we`ll be using for our own awesome blog :
Wp Christmas V1.1
- Modern and beautiful web typeface.
- Tableless design and 100% CSS-based layout.
- 2 different styles selectable from theme options page.
- 2 columns of fixed width.
- Widget Ready.
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid.
- CSS 2.1 valid.
- Delivered with source .PSD file.
- Well-commented CSS and theme PHP files for flexible customization.
- Multi-browser compatibility. Tested under modern w3c compliant browsers. Firefox 3 , Safari 2 and IE7.
For more info check WordPress Christmas V1.1 at Instant Shift. Well in next part I`ll be showing you how to customice this theme, I`ll only be covering Css, xhtml and php aspects as the themes comes with the full .psd source. So until next time, Enjoy!!