Hello there!!. This is the first post from a series of 4 post where i`m going to show you how to set up your own Killer wordpress blog (like this one).
We`ll be covering 4 aspects in this series:
- Choosing between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
- Requirements to run WordPress and Installation.
- Theme choosing according to needs.
- Choosing and Installing Pulgins.
Once we are over you`ll have your own blog up and running.
1. Choosing between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
You may choose from to options: 1- Have your blog at wordpress.com. 2- Have your blog in your own Host.
1-Have your blog at wordpress.com.
This is the easy way, the first thing you need to do (and the only) is to register yourself (for free) at wordpress.com, they will give you an account an your own blog.
- It’s free
- They take care of absolubtely everything, so you don`t need to know nothing about nothing.
- Very limited themes .
- Your blog url contains the wordpress.com suffix.
So there you go what you need at wordpress.com.
This is the way you`ll prefer if you have some knwoledge about web development. An this is the one we`ll be covering in this series of posts.
- You can install it in your own domain.
- Plugin installation to power up your blog.
- Run ads in the site.
- Lots and ots of themes to choose from.
- Hosting and domain costs.
- You`ll be responsible of absolutely everything, installing it, upgrades, plugin installations, etc. So you need some knowledge.
For this series I had chosen option 2 (Having your blog in your own host.), in the next post we`ll be covering requierements and instalation. See you next time.